We've been promising you an interesting agenda for the upcoming October 2017 CCIA Collaborative. We’re posting a synopsis of the agenda to get you thinking about the topics you’d like to participate in. When I say participate...there’ll be lots of time for attendees to interact and offer their thoughts...whether it be on the improved use of Small Business Captives, InsureTech and the coming revolution in the use of captives, integrating workers’ compensation with off-the-clock disability programs, or what we see as an increasing need to use captives to round out capacity in the cyber insurance marketplace.
There will be something at the CCIA Collaborative in October that you’ll want to hear about, want to participate in, and want to add to. We look forward to seeing you on October 25 and 26 in Stamford, Connecticut. To register, click here.
S C H E D U L E
The Connecticut Captive Insurance Association
The 2017 Collaborative on Captive Insurance
The Sheraton Hotel
700 East Main Street, Stamford, CT 06901
“Creating the New Captive Revolution”
October 25, 2017
Why Haven’t You Formed a Captive Yet?...An interactive discussion on the benefits of captive insurance for your business
The Idea Factory: What Are the Challenging Questions of Our Time? A Roundtable Discussion on Innovation in Connecticut's Captive Marketplace
- Can We Fix the 831(b) Captive Problem?
- Why Can’t We Write Direct Workers’ Compensation in Captives?
- InsureTech: Being Captive to the Future
- Cyber Liability in Captives: Is It Time?
- Michaell Fitzgibbon, Slice, Inc.
- Michael Maglaras, Michael Maglaras & Company
- Tom Reagan, Marsh
- Michael Serrichio, Marsh
- Thomas Hodson, SOBC Group
- Janet Grace, Director, Captive Division, Connecticut Insurance Department
Cocktail Reception with Exhibitors- Sponsored by Michael Maglaras & Company
October 26, 2017
(Many Speakers to be Announced)
Registration, Continental Breakfast and Networking with Exhibitors
Networking Breakfast: Meet and Greet the Connecticut Insurance Department Regulators
- Connecticut’s Insurance Commissioner Katharine Wade
- Captive Division Director, Janet Grace
- CCIA Board Chair, Michael Maglaras
The State of the State: Connecticut’s Evolving Captive Marketplace
- Katharine Wade, Insurance Commissioner, State of Connecticut
- Catharine Smith, Commissoner of the Department of Economic and Community Development
- Senator Kevin Kelly
Moving the Ball Forward: Idea Factory Breakouts...Session 1
A. The Small Business Captive Revolution
B. Redefining Workers’ Compensation in Captives
Coffee and Networking
Moving the Ball Forward: Idea Factory Breakouts...Session 2
A. Disrupting the Market: The InsureTech Revolution in Captives
B. Cyber Liability in Captives: The Evolving Partnership Between Captives and the Commercial insurance Market
Keynote Speaker: Glenn Finch, IBM
Buffet Lunch, Networking, and “Meet the CCIA Board”
The Connecticut Hub for Innovation in Insurance (“CHIINS”) – Incubating Insurance Innovation
Wrap-up: Turning Ideas into Reality